Perinatal Focused Education
Caring for Patients During Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery: Providing Psychosocial Support During Maternity Care
This is our most popular offering, as our Full Program includes 6 content areas.
FULL Program: (Provides a completion certificate: Includes all courses listed below) $10.00
• Using trauma-informed care as a basis for communication in perinatal care
• Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders: Providing emotional support in the perinatal period
• Providing psychosocial support during the antepartum period of pregnancy
• Providing psychosocial support during the intrapartum period of pregnancy
• Providing psychosocial support during the postpartum period of pregnancy
• Supporting maternity care staff as they support patients
Coping with COVID: Trauma-Informed Care for Frontline Maternity Providers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This is a 3-course program to support frontline care providers with essential skills in providing psychosocial and emotional support to patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
FULL Program: (No Credit Provided) $Free
• Define two principles of trauma-informed care.
• Identify two strategies for providing trauma-informed support to maternity patients and new parents.
• Identify three maternity care patient populations at greatest risk of experiencing anxiety and depression related to the pandemic.
• Define three conditions that are related to the increased mortality rate from COVID-19 in racial and ethnic minorities.
• Identify two benefits and two drawbacks of using telehealth resources to deliver health care.
• Define two principles that argue against separating COVID positive mothers from their babies after delivery.
• Define three mental health risks to health care providers that may result from working during the COVID-19 pandemic and ways to mitigate them.